“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” (Margaret Mead, American anthropologist). This is the reason why HYDRAO has invested in the field of education, so that the IoT studied in high school is used for sustainable development.
In close collaboration with teachers in SI and STi2D, HYDRAO has developed an Educational Kit dedicated to the new program of engineering sciences and techniques. The aim of this tool is to make future scientists aware of the preservation of water and energy resources, for systematic consideration of these challenges in the creation of new technological solutions.
This educational kit is an experimental model of the Hydrao Aloé connected knob which allows:
- animate Design Thinking sessions around water preservation;
- to study a multi-physical model (hydraulic, mechanical, electrical);
- create links between physics and connected objects;
- learn the MicroPython programming language;
- to study different data transmission protocols (Bluetooth, LoRa, Sigfox);
- to raise awareness of the protection of personal data.
Concretely, the kit includes:
- A Nucléo WB card ;
- An electronic power card ;
- An LED card ;
- A turbine without support ;
- A turbine with support.
These elements are protected in a pine box made and engraved in the Morvan. The kit also includes a real HYDRAO Aloé knob.
Finally, a set of Practical Works was developed by the teachers who supported HYDRAO in the design of this educational project. These labs are freely available on the Education page of the HYDRAO website, to guide teachers in getting started with the kit.